Saturday, August 31, 2013

A (PERSONAL) PATHWAY TO ''WELLNESS''


Getting Better
 
I've Noticed I've Been Downsizing
My Fears
They Seem To Be Less In Size
Each Year

From Luggage Size
To Knapsack
To Fanny Pack
To Wallet
Just Getting Smaller
Maybe Next Year I'll Keep Them
In My Pocket
I'm Just NOT Sure

But, That Opens A Can of Worms
Within Itself

For Years I Kept My Hand In My Pocket
Because Of Fear
Being Born Without Four Fingers
Was My Reason For Hiding
  
I Didn't Think I Was Good Enough
NOW I Know That's Not True
 

Over The Years, My Hand
Hasn't Changed Much
But My Attitude Towards It
Certainly Has

What Was Once Huge
Is Very Manageable
My Whole Perspective
And Quality Of Interaction
Have Just Gotten Better

I Know It's Been Said
Many Times and in Many Ways
But, ''It's Amazing What A Little
Self-Acceptance Will Do''

No comments: